Kumquat Refrigerator Pie
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1 9-inch baked pie crusts or 1 graham cracker crust
- 8 ounces cool whip dessert topping (or equivalent whipped cream)
- 2⁄3 cup kumquat, pureed
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- Beat the condensed milk with the whipped topping.
- Add the lemon juice and beat until thickened.
- Add the kumquats, pour in pie shell and chill in refrigerator for several hours.
Join The Conversation
I was surprised at how light this pie is. I whipped real cream instead of the frozen fake stuff. Because I used cream, I added sugar, about 1/3 cup. I think next time I will double the kumquat to make it a bit bolder. I am glad to have this one in my repertoire. Having 2 kumquat trees and 1 calamondin I love recipes to use this wonderful fruit.