Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Summer on a plate - simple, fresh and absolutely delicious! I love uncooked tomato sauces in the summer, when the garden has an abundance of juicy, vine-ripened tomatoes. This one is for the garlic and lemon lovers, and it's terrific served cold the next day! (Prep time includes letting tomato sauce sit and blend flavors; cook time is approximate only for tuna steaks.)
- 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- fresh herbs, of your choice (try chives, parsley, thyme)
- 4 tuna steaks
- olive oil
- Combine tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic.
- Season with salt and let flavors blend for two hours.
- Just before grilling or pan-searing the tuna steaks, add the herbs to the tomato mixture.
- Brush tuna steaks with olive oil and grill or pan-sear according to thickness.
- Top with the tomato-lemon sauce.
- This is scrumptious served cold the next day!
This is a very nice summer topping for fresh tuna steaks. I may have added a bit more garlic (love it), and also used basil out of the garden as the herb. Thanks for posting, Angie!
This was absolutely fantastic! I used chives and thyme for the herbs, and it was very flavorful. I'm going to use the leftover sauce and make tuna salad tomorrow for lunch. Thanks!
This was delicious! The sauce complemented the tuna very well! Make sure to use very ripe, flavorful tomatoes. Used basil for the herbs. So easy!