2 hrs 10 mins
Summer on a plate - simple, fresh and absolutely delicious! I love uncooked tomato sauces in the summer, when the garden has an abundance of juicy, vine-ripened tomatoes. This one is for the garlic and lemon lovers, and it's terrific served cold the next day! (Prep time includes letting tomato sauce sit and blend flavors; cook time is approximate only for tuna steaks.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic.
- 2Season with salt and let flavors blend for two hours.
- 3Just before grilling or pan-searing the tuna steaks, add the herbs to the tomato mixture.
- 4Brush tuna steaks with olive oil and grill or pan-sear according to thickness.
- 5Top with the tomato-lemon sauce.
- 6This is scrumptious served cold the next day!
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Steaks with Garlic Lovers' Fresh Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.5
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: