Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
Summer on a plate - simple, fresh and absolutely delicious! I love uncooked tomato sauces in the summer, when the garden has an abundance of juicy, vine-ripened tomatoes. This one is for the garlic and lemon lovers, and it's terrific served cold the next day! (Prep time includes letting tomato sauce sit and blend flavors; cook time is approximate only for tuna steaks.)
Top Review by Colorado Lauralee
This is a very nice summer topping for fresh tuna steaks. I may have added a bit more garlic (love it), and also used basil out of the garden as the herb. Thanks for posting, Angie!
- 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- fresh herbs, of your choice (try chives, parsley, thyme)
- 4 tuna steaks
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic.
- Season with salt and let flavors blend for two hours.
- Just before grilling or pan-searing the tuna steaks, add the herbs to the tomato mixture.
- Brush tuna steaks with olive oil and grill or pan-sear according to thickness.
- Top with the tomato-lemon sauce.
- This is scrumptious served cold the next day!