Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 tuna steaks (fresh)
- to taste flour (for dredging)
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 lemons, quartered
- Dredge tuna in flour, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet and cook the tuna until lightly browned on both sides.
- Add lemon juice and cook a minute or two longer.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
Careful not to cook it too long... you want the tuna to be closer to raw on the inside and crusty on the outside. Maybe use canola oil instead of butter to help sear the outside.
I used olive oil to sear my steaks with beautiful results. You want the steak to sear on the outside and get golden brown, but make sure you don't overcook it. It should be pink in the middle for maximum flavor and tenderness! Simplicity is best in this case with just a few key ingredients. We ate and really thought it was super good!
This was a good, simple flavour. I used olive oil instead of butter and added some lemon and herb seasoning to the flour. I seared it for a couple of minutes so that it was still raw inside, but with the flour coating it was nice and crispy on the outside. Very nice. Thank you for posting!