Recipe by Chef Moonfrog
My brother Jojo calls this my detox salad, try and you should soon find out why! Very nourishing and will surely tickle tastebuds. One of my originals as my bro calls it... I prefer using the 85 g pouch of no-drain no-fuss tuna that are mostly available in different preparations like garlic tuna, sun-dried tomato tuna and the one I use for this recipe, the Lemon twist Tuna by John West Products. Any type of canned tuna will of course do...
- 85 g canned tuna
- 1 small lemon
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 (250 g) can corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tuna from can.
- Slice lemon into two. Squeeze the juice of one of the halves and keep the other half for garnishing.
- Prepare dressing by mixing Balsamic Vinegar, olive oil and juice from half a lemon.
- Cube the cucumber without peeling. Chop Red Bell Pepper into bite size cubes smaller than cucumber cubes.
- In a bowl, mix tuna, corn, cucumber and bell Pepper. Toss with dressing.
- Serve on a bed of washed and drained Iceberg Lettuce Leaves.
- Slice the left over lemon half and make twists. Garnish salad with these. Top with freshly milled peppercorns.