This is a very simple, mild tuna salad. Prepping the onion as directed removes the raw onion bite. I like this on a bed of green salad. [Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking (Marcella Hazen)]
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1FOR THE ONION:.
- 2Slice into thin rings, and place in a bowl of cold water.
- 3Squeeze with your hands for 3-4 seconds, releasing milky liquid into the water.
- 4Drain and cover with fresh cold water.
- 5Let sit for 10 minutes.
- 6Repeat the squeezing and draining 2 - 3 more times before making the salad.
- 7Drain the onion pieces thoroughly and pat them dry.
- 8FOR THE SALAD:.
- 9Put the beans and onion into a serving bowl, sprinkle liberally with salt, and toss.
- 10Drain the tuna and add it to the bowl, breaking it into large flakes with a fork.
- 11Pour on enough oil to coat well, toss thoroughly.
- 12Add a dash of vinegar and a generous quantity of black pepper, toss thoroughly, turning over the ingredients several times.
- 13Taste and correct for seasoning.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Salad #4 : Tuna and White Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.6
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 32.1 mg
- Sodium 726.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 33.2 g