Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another one of those recipes that I have made forever. Easy, tasty and ingredients that are usually on hand. Salmon can be substituted if preferred.
- 1 (185 g) can tuna
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 10 slices bread
- butter, for spreading
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheese
- Place tuna, mayonnaise, curry powder and shallots in bowl.
- Spread bread slices with butter on both sides, remove crusts.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture over one side of each slice of bread.
- Roll up from one corner to the other and secure with a toothpick.
- Place on baking dish and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in moderate oven for 10- 12 minutes or until crunchy and golden.
This is easy, tasty & satisfying and requires little preparation. I basically followed the recipe adding some salt and pepper and I used hot Madras curry powder, doubling the quantity. The spread was mildly flavoured with just a little kick, and the mayo added sweetness. I used plain white bread - didn't bother to roll it - and tasty (sharp) cheese.