Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another throw together recipe that has helped us out on days when there was no air in the kitchen and we wanted something quick but it had to be cooked! I used chia's #82770 for Italian Seasoning and it was fantastic! We made it according to our personal preferences and we loved it.
- 12 ounces spaghetti or 12 ounces linguine
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 3 cups roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pepperoncini peppers, diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, shaved
- 1 -2 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons manchego cheese, shredded
- salt, to taste
- ground coarse black pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- Sauté red onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes, olives, pepperoncini, Italian seasoning, & bell peppers; sauté over medium heat for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add tuna and simmer for 4-6 minutes till hot throughout.
- Serve over pasta cooked according to package directions and garnish with parsley and manchego.