Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe off a site and modified it until it was low fat and really tasty.
Make and share this Tuna Pasta Florentine recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups button mushrooms, chopped in half
- 2 cups fresh spinach, thinly sliced (you can substitute thawed frozen spinach)
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) package pasta, your choice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 5 ounces low-fat sour cream (you can substitute low fat plain yogurt)
- 2 ounces basil pesto sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- ground black pepper
- Add the pasta to a pot of boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes, until al dente, put aside.
- Fry the mushrooms until they stop giving off liquid, put aside.
- Heat the sour cream and pesto sauce in a pan until smooth.
- Add the spinach and cook for 5 minutes, until spinach is wilted.
- Add the pasta, mushrooms, tomatoes, tuna, oregano and lemon juice.
- Add salt, pepper and oregano to taste.
- Stir and cook gently for 5 minutes, until warmed through.
We loved this! I used spiral pasta shapes, frozen spinach (which I thawed) 2 180g cans tuna in brine, 1 400 g can crushed tomatoes, 1 tsp oregano and the juice of 1 lemon. I also added a handful of grated cheese before serving. Will make this again, delicious. * Just a note re the oregano it is mentioned twice (step 5 & 6) I added it with the salt and pepper.