Recipe by PamalaLauren
This recipe has been in the family forever! I first remember eating it with my Grandma, then my Mom taught me how to make it and we eat it all the time. It's great for larger families since it serves about 8 people, even more if you cut down your portions.
- 1 large onion
- 1 (16 ounce) bag medium egg noodles
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups celery
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Bring to boil a large pot of water and cook Medium Egg Noodles as directed on package.
- In a small sauce pot combine Milk and can of Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup. Mix together throughly and bring to a light boil. Stir regularly to avoid burning.
- Chop Onions and Celery and add to large baking bowl.
- Shred 3 cups of cheddar cheese.
- Add 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, tuna and Mayonnaise to large baking bowl.
- Stir ingredients together adding Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Add 1/2 cup cheddar cheese to small sauce pot and stir until melted.
- Drain noodles when done cooking and add to large baking bowl.
- Pour the sauce from the small sauce pot on top of noodles and mix together the ingredients throughly.
- Once mixture is mixed add the left over cheddar cheese to the top of the casserole, spread evenly.
- Place in oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once finished cooking let sit for 10 minutes to set and cool.
- Serve and enjoy!