Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tuna noodle casserole
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna (I like Chicken of the Sea best(it is chunkier)
- 1 (12 ounce) bagof extra wide egg noodles
- 1 cup peas
- 5 ounces medium cheddar, cubed
- parmesan breadcrumbs
- Boil the noodles until they are done.
- While boiling combine the cream of mushroom soup, tuna (drained), peas, and cheese. Stir in the cooked noodles and place mixture in a oven-safe dish.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top and bake at 350F until lightly brown on top.
We really liked this but I had to make a lot of additions to this. I used medium egg noodles so not sure if that's why I needed the extra ingredients or not. I used three cans of soup, a can of peas, 2 cups of cheddar jack cheese, salt and pepper. This will be our new tuna noodle casserole recipe. Made for Fall PAC 2007.
Although I really enjoyed this recipe, I did not like the way the cream of mushroom soup went with the casserole. On the other hand I loved the way the peas went with the dish and I would recommend that a second cup of peas be added.