Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe out of the WW cookbook. It is only 6 points per serving.
- 1 1⁄2 cups medium egg noodles
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell peppers or 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup thawed frozen corn kernels
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can reduced-calorie condensed mushroom soup
- 2 (6 ounce) cans light chunk tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 -4 drops hot red pepper sauce
- 2 slices reduced-calorie whole wheat bread, made into crumbs
- 4 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 F; spray a shallow 2 quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, spray a large nonstick saucepan with nonstick cooking spray: heat.
- Saute the onions and celery until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, mushrooms and corn; cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes longer.
- Stir in the soup, tuna, milk, parsley, pepper and pepper sauce.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the noodles.
- Transfer to the casserole.
- Sprinkle with the bread crumbs and cheese.
- Bake until the crumbs are golden brown and crisp, 15-20 minutes.
- Top with the tomatoes.