Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is the best tuna casserole I've found.
- 3 cups medium noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup shredded American cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, mixed
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimentos
- Cook noodles acc to pkg directions; drain.
- In sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour.
- Add milk and soup all at once.
- Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat; add cheese, stir until melted.
- Stir in tuna, peas and carrots, pimento, and noodles.
- Place in 2 qt casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 30-35 minutes, until heated through.
Thank you for sharing this recipe! Its easy to make and tastes great. The changes I made are: Cheddar cheese instead of American, peas only instead of mixed veggies, and I leave out the pimentos.
This was wonderful as I have been craving Tuna Casserole for awhile (reminds me of my childhood). I made a few changes such as canned chicken for the tuna (I have grown to dislike fish...LOL) and added breadcrumbs on top. We left out the pimentos as we don't really care for them, but it was absolutely wonderful and I will definately be making this again and again!!! Thank you, Inez for sharing this great recipe!!! Amy