Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 340.19 g tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2.46 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 411.06 g tomatoes, crushed
- 226.79 g no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 29.58 ml parsley
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml granulated sugar
- 2.46 ml basil
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml lemon juice
- 118.29 ml elbow macaroni, cooked
- 59.14 ml fat-free parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium flame. Add onions, bell peppers, and garlic. Cook until all is tender.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, parsley, salt, sugar, basil, oregano, and lemon juice. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in tuna and cooked elbow macaroni. Heat over low flame, 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Doubled quatity of elbo macaroni to mre casseole-like. With the tuna, it's a challenge to keep it moist.
This recipe is good with either white fish or tuna. My sicillian husband found it a little bland so I substituted roasted red peppers for bell peppers.
This dish might have tasted better by either replacing the tuna with a white fish or by adding olives or something. It was also a bit to bold tasting for me.