Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 12 ounces tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 14 1⁄2 ounces tomatoes, crushed
- 8 ounces no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium flame. Add onions, bell peppers, and garlic. Cook until all is tender.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, parsley, salt, sugar, basil, oregano, and lemon juice. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in tuna and cooked elbow macaroni. Heat over low flame, 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Doubled quatity of elbo macaroni to mre casseole-like. With the tuna, it's a challenge to keep it moist.
This recipe is good with either white fish or tuna. My sicillian husband found it a little bland so I substituted roasted red peppers for bell peppers.
This dish might have tasted better by either replacing the tuna with a white fish or by adding olives or something. It was also a bit to bold tasting for me.