Recipe by Kathy228
Tuna patties are milder than salmon. And the flavor of the other ingredients shine through the tuna. Serve them on a plate with pan-fried potatoes and sliced tomatoes and avocados. Or in a toasted pita with lettuce, thin sliced tomatoes and a touch of mayo. Don't forget a handful of potato chips.
- 2 slice bread, whole grain
- 29.58 ml milk (or water)
- 170.09 g can solid white tuna, drained
- 44.37 ml green peppers, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and minced
- 14.79 ml chia seeds
- 1 egg, stirred
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 59.14 ml panko breadcrumbs (or other bread crumbs)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Into a small bowl, tear-up the bread and soak in 2 tbsp milk for a couple minutes. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, thoroughly mix all ingredients together (except oil and Panko).
- If the mixture feels too wet, add Panko a tbsp at a time, until you can form soft balls.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan.
- Form tuna mixture into patties and fry for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Carefully flip the patties. Add more oil if necessary and brown the other side for 5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve after a 4 or 5 minute rest.