Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from one of my Food & Wine Cookbooks. This is just the sort of thing I love taking to work for lunch. Serve with some pita bread.
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 2 cups canned chick-peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 oranges
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and ribs removed, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Add the oil slowly, whisking.
- In a medium glass or stainless-steel bowl, combine the tuna and chickpeas. Gently stir in ¼ cup of the dressing.
- Using a knife, peel the oranges down to the flesh, removing all of the white pith. Cut the sections away from the membranes and set aside.
- Squeeze 2 tablespoons of the juice from the membranes into the remaining dressing.
- Add the tuna and chickpeas, orange sections, lettuce, fennel, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro to the dressing and toss gently.