Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was a Wednesday night dish my mom always made. it's quick, easy and delish. I've never found anybody ( even the non tuna lovers) who haven't loved it.
- >Boil and cook the noodles as the package states.
- > Mix the soup with 1 1/2 cans of water until it's a thick, but creamy consistency ( about 10 minutes).
- > Add the 2 cans of tuna and simmer for 10 minutes.
- >Add in the noodles, peas and mushrooms.
- >Combine all ingredients together, and serve.
This was only okay. I doubt if I'll make it again.
This is a very easy tuna casserole. Quick and simple using canned ingredients. When I made it, I diced up some onions, minced a garlic clove, and softened them up in the skillet. The I sliced fresh mushrooms and added to the onion mix and cooked until they were brown. After that, I followed the recipe, except I used frozen peas instead of canned, since that is what I had on hand. Made for Best of 2011 tag on Nif's recommendation. Thanks for sharing!
So simple and so tasty! I made this exactly as directed and it's very good. I have to admit that I sprinkled cheese on top for my family to bake tonight for dinner while I'm at work. That's just what we usually have on ours. Made for my adopted chef for Fall PAC 2011. Thanks Mrs.Schollar! :) ~~~ Update - my family LOVED this recipe tonight! They all thought it was one of the best tuna casseroles I have ever made! Thanks again! :)