Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad, featured on "Everyday Food", makes a good, substantial lunch accompanied by some good crusty bread.
- 2 (340.19 g) can solid white tuna, drained
- 538.64 g can white kidney beans
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 118.29 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml capers, rinsed
- 236.59 ml fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 4 slice French bread, toasted
- In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, beans, garlic, tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, capers and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Serve on top of the toasted bread.
Outstanding! Soooo much better than regular tuna salad with mayo. I used Italian tonno in olive oil. I love everything about this dish the beans, the garlic, parsley and lemon juice. I don't think I will ever make tuna any other way. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.
you cant go wrong with this salad. extremely tasty! you wont need much salt between the lemons and the capers. i followed the recipe with the exception of the parsley as i had none and i sauteed my garlic cloves in olive oil for just a bit before mincing. good, ripe tomatoes and using the solid white tuna as the chef suggests is a must to get the best flavor. this is an easy recipe and pretty inexpensive. thanks for sharing this.