Recipe by Chef Treenie
Hold the beans on my slow-cooked chili mac, please! I can't recall where I found this recipe, but it's a good one. Easily works as well, on the stovetop, if you need to eat sooner.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- grated cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink, stirring to break up meat. Drain off fat.
- Place cooked beef in slow cooker with remaining ingredients except elbow macaroni and cheese. Mix well.
- Cook on LOW 4 hours
- Cook macaroni according to pkg directions; drain.
- Stir into crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW 1 hours.
- Top each serving dish with grated cheese, if desired.
- Note: if cooking on stovetop instead, cook elbow mac and drain. Brown meat as directed above. Add remaining ingredients except elbow mac and the cheese; and simmer 20 minute Stir in macaroni & top with cheese.