Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this on line. I had just purchashed a truffle came up with a couple of recipes went on a search to see how to store them. And came to this wonderful sight whatscookingamerica.net
- 4 lbs russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 lb butter, room temperature
- 1⁄8 lb cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon black truffle, shaved (optional)
- Simmer potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water (enough cold water to cover by at least 2 inches) about 20 to 30 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork; remove from heat and drain.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher or ricer until there are no lumps.
- Add half and half; blend well (the amount of liquid needed may vary, so add slowly until potatoes are fluffy and still have body).
- Add butter, cream cheese and truffle oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve topped with shaved truffles, if desired.
Oh, Rita! Lovely potatoes! I bought both black and white truffle oil a few months ago and only now mustered up the courage to use them in something... I was afraid I wouldn't like them, but HAD to find out. I love them! And this recipe's ingredients amount to a totally decadent side to any number of main dishes. We had it with fried chicken... how's that for incongruity! ;) Next I'll splurge on an actual truffle to garnish this, but for now I added sliced scallion tops which added a nice twangotope. Bet you're wondering if twangotope's a word... it's not, but it seemed to work for me at the moment. *rofl* Anyway, I'll definitely make these repeatedly. Thank you, Rita, for another winner!
Great...Like chia I agree the truffle oil gave this an earthy, almost rustic flavor. First time using truffle oil and I was glad it was money worth spent on that oil!! Served with Italian Roast Pork Loin (Italian Roast Pork Loin) Thank You Rita L.!
i love this dish and make it often. the addition of the truffle oil gived the potatoes an earthy flavor. this time i used yukon gold potatoes, excellent side dish to roasted pork tenderloin.