Prep 3 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe comes from the Nicholas Sparks Book called True Believer. It has only three ingredients and my husband absolutely loves it!
- In a large pot, pour both cans of tomatoes and heat.
- Add the whole stick of butter.
- As the butter starts to melt, add the onions.
- Stir and bring to a boil then set the heat to low.
- Cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serving suggestion: Pour over linguini and top with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
This is the best sauce ever and I use it all the time. The family just loves it.
No one would ever guess that there were only 3 ingredients - the flavor is outstanding! I halved the recipe and after the simmer, mixed it up with a pound of cooked shell noodles.. pure comfort food!