Nomato Sauce Tomato Free Marinara Sauce
photo by littlebitesofbeauty
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 red beet
- 3 carrots
- 1⁄3 yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 kabocha squash
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄4 tablespoon salt (Himalayan)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 5 leaves fresh sage
- 5 leaves basil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons green olives, thinly sliced
- Peel all the vegetables, cut them in small pieces and put them in a food processor pulsing until coarsely grated.
- Finely chop sage, garlic and onion.
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat up the olive oil. When it starts to sizzle, add in the chopped sage, garlic and onion and let them fry for a minute.
- Toss in the pan the grated vegetable mixture, together with the spices and dried herbs, and mix well.(If you like capers or green olives, you can add them in at this point).
- Add in some water, cover and let your Nomato Sauce cook over medium heat.
- Check on your sauce every 5 minutes to see if it needs more water.
- After it cooked for 30 minutes all the vegetables should be soft. Mash them with a fork to make your Nomato Sauce smoother.
- Add in the lemon juice and chopped fresh basil, mix well for about a minute and your amazing tomato free marinara sauce!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!