From "20-Minute Cookbook" by Steven Wheeler I have only made this with trout and have thouroughly enjoyed the delicate flavour of the sauce. For those who can't imagine cooked cucumber...give it a try you might be pleasantly surprised.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 trout fillets, skinless
- salt and pepper
- 2 green onions, large, white parts only, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, deseeded, cut into short batons
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2/3 cup light cream (I have used milk with success)
- 1/4 cup dry sherry (optional) or 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tomato, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1Melt butter in a large frying pan, season fillets and cook for 6 minutes, turning once.
- 2Transfer to plate, cover and keep warm.
- 3To make the sauce, add the green onions and cucumber to the pan, and cook over a gentle heat, stirring until soft but not coloured.
- 4Remove pan from heat and stir in flour.
- 5Return to heat and pour in cream and sherry/wine (if using).
- 6Simmer to thicken, stirring continuously.
- 7Add the chopped tarragon and tomato, and season to taste.
- 8Spoon the sauce over the fillets.
- 9Serve with buttered new potatoes and green beans.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Trout/Salmon Fillets With Tarragon Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.8
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 87.5 mg
- Sodium 112.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 18.8 g