Walnut Crusted Trout Fillets
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- Using fork, stir flour, sage, salt and pepper on large plate to blend.
- Whisk eggs in medium bowl.
- Place walnuts on another large plate.
- Sprinkle trout fillets with salt and pepper.
- Dredge trout in flour mixture, then dip in eggs to coat.
- Press both sides of trout in walnuts to coat.
- Melt 1 TBS butter with 1 TBS oil in each of 2 heavy large skillets over medium heat.
- Add 2 trout fillets to each skillet.
- Cook until coating is lightly browned and trout are cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer trout to plates.
- Squeeze 1 lemon wedge over each fillet, sprinkle with parsley, and serve.
- Serves 4.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Originally rated on 1/19/09 - This recipe made it into my book#266453. FANTASTIC fish recipe. I prepared exactly as directed and it was perfect. Make sure to chop or pound your walnuts so there are no big pcs. The fish was tender, flavorful and the crust was soooooooooooooooooooooooo good - crispy and full of that walnut flavor. I was worried that the taste of sage would be too much but it wasn't at all. I wish I could give this recipe 10 stars!
Delicious! This was very easy to prepare with nice flavor and presentation. We served this with a side of Kelly M's Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Shallot Butter (#68829), and thought it was a nice combination. Both DH and I felt this was a dish that would impress company and can be put together relatively quickly. Thanks so much for posting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.