Prep 6 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is from the British Trout Association. I haven't had a chance to try this yet but it sounds good
- 8 trout fillets
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons capers in brine, drained and washed
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and dry the trout fillets and season lightly.
- Melt 1oz of the butter in a large frying pan and as soon as it starts to foam, add the fillets, skin side down.
- Fry gently for 3 minutes, carefully flip over and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Using a fish slice, transfer the trout to heated plates and keep warm in a low oven.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan with the capers and dill and fry until golden brown.
- Add lime juice to taste and a little salt and pepper.
- Spoon over the trout.
Absolutely delicious and easy to make. The taste is amazing. I made it with lake trout portions and added more lime juice. As a Vegetable I used Leeks Braised in Cream with Garlic and Lemon #113408 substituting lime zest for lemon zest. A little bit of wild rice and Low Carb Cheesecake Mousse #83708 with blackberries and some red wine made for a wonderful meal.
This was really good! Very easy and simple yet tastes great. I couldn't taste the lime very much (at least for personal preference) so next time I will add another tbsp. or so. Thanks for posting!