Recipe by mykidslightmylife
I had a similar salad at Sweet Tomatoes, but this one is even better. I found a recipe online at Allrecipes, but tweaked it to my own tastes. Toasting the coconut and macadamia nuts is important!
- 6 slices bacon, browned & crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons sugar (can use Splenda) (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1 cup chopped and toasted macadamia nuts
- 3 green onions, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In blender, combine pineapple, red wine vinegar, oil, sugar, pepper and salt. Blend until pineapple is smooth and ingredients are incorporated.
- In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, pineapple, macadamia nuts, green onions and bacon. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Garnish with toasted coconut.