Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Mixed nuts and dried tropical fruits make these granola bars great for a snack or a quick lunch on the go.
- 1⁄2 cup Smart Balance Omega Plus, omega 3
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter, natural ground
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup Kashi, 7 whole grain puffs
- 1⁄2 cup Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit or 1⁄2 cup dried mango or 1⁄2 cup dried pineapple or 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup dried papaya
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted nuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup almonds or 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- Melt margarine spread, brown sugar, peanut butter. Bring to boil and remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes. Whisk in egg white & almond extract.
- Mix dry ingredients thoroughly while gradually introducing the above mixture.
- Press mixture into a lightly greased jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 325 for 20 minutes. Cut bars after cooling with a pizza cutter.