Tropical Paradise Bars
photo by lets.eat
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 (19 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- For crust: Chop 1/4 cup (50 mL) nuts.
- Mix with flour, margarine and brown sugar.
- Press into bottom of a 9-inch (23 cm) square baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350° F (180° C) oven 12 minutes.
- For Filling: Drain pineapple well.
- Beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, vanilla and drained pineapple.
- Pour over partially baked crust.
- Top with remaining walnuts and coconut.
- Bake about 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have a passion for healthy and simple dishes with lots of vegetables, although I love a treat every now and again also, especially ice cream!