1/1 Photo of Tropical Fruit Kabobs With Coconut Ice Cream
A very pretty dessert that doesn't take long to make! You may substitute other fruits if you like, such as pineapple, apples, grapes, kumquats, etc. Adapted from BH&G magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup honey
- 3 inches cinnamon sticks
- 1 medium banana, peeled and sliced
- lemon juice
- 1 star fruit, sliced (carambola)
- 1 large firm ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and sliced (or papaya)
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 6 wooden skewers, each about 6 inches long (or metal)
- vanilla ice cream
- 1/3 cup toasted flaked coconut
- 1Heat the honey and cinnamon stick in a small saucepan over low heat. When hot (but not boiling) remove from heat and set aside.
- 2Peel and slice banana. Brush the slices lightly with lemon juice to stop fruit from browning.
- 3Add one slice each of banana, star fruit, papaya or mango, and kiwifruit to each skewer. Brush fruit on skewers with the cinnamon-honey mixture.
- 4To serve, spoon ice cream into serving dishes, sprinkle with toasted coconut. Top ice cream with kabobs.
- 5Makes 6 servings.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Fruit Kabobs With Coconut Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.8
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 43.0 g
- Protein 0.9 g