Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a festive bread for the holidays. Try packaging it up in some nice cello paper and tie a ribbon around it.
- 1 (15 5/8 ounce) package lemon poppy seed quick bread mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dried tropical fruit bits
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon orange juice
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Grease and flour bottom ONLY of 8x4 or 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine quick bread mix, water, oil and egg.
- Stir for 50-75 strokes with spoon till moist.
- Stir in fruit and orange peel.
- Pour batter into greased prepared pan.
- Bake 350 for 55-60 minutes for 8x4 pan, or 45-55 minutes for 9x5 pan.
- test with toothpick to see if its done.
- Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- remove from pan and cool 30 minutes till totally cooled.
- in small bowl, blend powdered sugar and orange juice till desired glaze consistency.
- brush over loaf.
- wrap tightly and store in fridge.