Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice tropical variation!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (halved and flatten to 1/2-inch thickness)
- 1⁄4 cup rum (or substitute 1 to 2 T. of rum extract for the rum)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute (Brown Sugar)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger (or 1-inch piece ginger, grated)
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- Place chicken in a single layer in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine rum, nutmeg, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, crushed red pepper, and ginger. Mix well and pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Remove chicken from marinade reserving excess marinade, and saute chicken until cooked through and golden. Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and reserved marinade to skillet and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in cream of coconut. Cook sauce over low heat 5 to 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened; serve over chicken.