18th Century Drunken English Somerset Cider Chicken With Honey
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken legs-thighs (chicken joints)
- 2 teaspoons English mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 pint cider
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Put your chicken pieces in a dish (in a single layer).
- Combine the remaining ingredients, pour over the chicken and allow to stand for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Oven bake the chicken slowly in a large oven proof dish/pan for approximately 1 hour, basting the joints periodically as they cook.
- Serve hot with steamed greens and mashed or baked potatoes.
Join The Conversation