Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My friend Buffy gave me this recipe. I really didn't think that it would be that great, but it really is! This salad is very light and refreshing and would be the perfect side dish to a light summer meal. I think that it would pair perfectly with grilled salmon or seared tuna. Best if made within an hour or two of serving. Does not keep well overnight.
- 59.16 ml fish sauce
- 4.92 ml lime zest, freshly grated
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 14.79 ml canola oil or 14.79 ml sunflower oil or 14.79 ml grapeseed oil or 14.79 ml other neutral oil
- 9.85 ml light brown sugar
- 14.79 ml rice vinegar
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 0.25 ml kosher salt
- 1 medium English cucumber, 1/2 inch dice
- 1 avocado, 1/2 inch dice
- 1 mango, 1/2 inch dice
- 59.14 ml cilantro, chopped
- 14.79 ml minced red onion (optional)
- For the dressing, wisk together first eight ingredients. Add cucumber, avacado, mango, cilantro and red onion if using. Toss gently then chill.
- Serve within a few hours.
This is a stunning recipe! Every flavor melds beautifully, and is such a happy surprise in the mouth. I put bits of this into small crisp-toasted won ton cups, topped with a cold peeled boiled shrimp, garnished with a cilantro leaf, and got raves! (I like raves.) Thanks, N2S, for a delightful new idea!