Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a mailing list, and thought they looked really good.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, with juice
- 3 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening, sugar and egg.
- Stir in crushed pineapple with juice.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- Stir flour mixture into the batter.
- When mixture is well blended, stir in nuts (optional).
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy.