Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Gluten Free Club. I don't usu. cook with fruit (bcz of DH), but I do like the flavor of the pineapple. So my DH picked out the pineapple, but liked the rest of it! In the US, we have 20 oz cans of pineapple and that worked fine. I didn't use the stock cube and would sub. shicken stock for the 1/4 C water instead next time. I just realized I read the curry powder wrong and put in almost 1 tablespoon of sweet curry! I would probably do that again, as it wasn't too much. I don't think you need to simmer it for 20 minutes, if you are short on time and you thoroughly cooked your chicken in step 1.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper (sliced or chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 -2 teaspoon gluten-free curry powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup water (or chicken stock)
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks, including juice
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free tomato sauce
- 1 gluten-free chicken stock cube (optional)
- 1 banana, sliced
- cooked rice
- In a non-stick fry pan, heat the oil and fry the chicken, onion and bell pepper for about four minutes, or until nicely browned and chicken is cooked through.
- Blend the cornstarch and curry powder in 2 Tablespoons of water then add tomato sauce and the 1/4 cup of water.
- Add the curry mixture to the fry pan, along with the stock cube, canned pineapple and pineapple juice. Stir until the sauce boils and thickens. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Just before serving add the sliced banana and serve with rice.