Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
I haven't tried this yet, but it looks really good. It was adapted from a Weight Watcher's recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium mango, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, kept hot
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients except beans and rice. Cook, stirring occasionally, until peppers are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve over rice.
Excellent! Very easy to make and very good. I added cumin and fresh mushrooms and used only one cup of rice. Thanks very much.
This was good, but I agree with Crystal W that it needs a bit more oomph. I threw in lots of extra garlic, cumin, and salt, then ate my serving with Frank's Hot Sauce. It was very good! My mom and dad enjoyed it as well, and they are less fond of spicy food. Thanks for posting!
Very healthy, but not as much flavor as I would have liked. Still, a fresh side that was different from the same old thing. I used wild rice in place of brown--3 cups was way too much for four of us. Will make again with some alterations. Thanks!