Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I had lots of bananas from my trees and needed to use them up. I had been disappointed with the recipes I'd used in the past--they were a bit too dry and tasteless. I made up this one to use the coconut and rum I had on hand. I served it during the Thanksgiving meal and every-one loved it. The 20 minute prep time is to give the raisins time to soak.
- In a 2 cup measuring cup, place the raisins with 1/2 cup hot water, the brown sugar and rum.
- Allow to sit 20 minutues to plump up and flavor the raisins.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the oil, melted margarine, egg and white sugar.
- Beat till smooth.
- Mash up the bananas into the bowl and beat till smooth.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, salt a little at a time, alternating with the liquid from the raisins until all the liquid is used up.
- Beat well.
- Stir in the raisins, coconut and pecans.
- Pour into two well greased loaf pans and bake at 350 for 50 minutes or till tests done.