Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
the three s's stand for sweet, sloppy, and spicy. this recipe has many variations. you can serve it over rosemary potato wedges, mashed potatoes, with chips, in a dip, with pasta, or in a bun. instead of tomato puree i used traditional ragu pasta sauce because i was out of tomato puree. for best results use sesame sandwich buns
- 1 jalapenos, with ribs and seeds or 2 jalapenos, without ribs and seeds
- 1 1⁄2 small onions
- 3 1⁄2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 roasted red pepper
- 3⁄4 sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon spanish paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 lb ground beef (not lean)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups pasta sauce (recommended ( Ragu traditional sauce)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon beef stock
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons water
- finely chop jalapenos, garlic, and dice sundried tomatoes, roasted red pepper and onion.
- heat oil to medium heat, then add onions, jalapeno(s) and garlic.
- once onions have sweat add tabasco, stocks, balsamic vinegar, and sugar.
- let onion mixture cook until caramelized.
- add paprika, cumin, curry powder, and chili powder to mixture along with oil, and cook on low until mixed.
- add beef and break into fine chunks with wooden spoon.
- cook until beef is browned and softened.
- meanwhile mix together ketchup, pasta sauce, and water, and add into beef when cooked.
- add the remaining water, roasted red pepper, and tomato. season with salt and pepper and let reduce to desired thickness.
- serve atop the buns, and enjoy.