the three s's stand for sweet, sloppy, and spicy. this recipe has many variations. you can serve it over rosemary potato wedges, mashed potatoes, with chips, in a dip, with pasta, or in a bun. instead of tomato puree i used traditional ragu pasta sauce because i was out of tomato puree. for best results use sesame sandwich buns
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 jalapenos, with ribs and seeds or 2 jalapenos, without ribs and seeds
- 1 1/2 small onions
- 3 1/2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 roasted red pepper
- 3/4 sun-dried tomato
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon spanish paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 lb ground beef (not lean)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce (recommended ( Ragu traditional sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon beef stock
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1finely chop jalapenos, garlic, and dice sundried tomatoes, roasted red pepper and onion.
- 2heat oil to medium heat, then add onions, jalapeno(s) and garlic.
- 3once onions have sweat add tabasco, stocks, balsamic vinegar, and sugar.
- 4let onion mixture cook until caramelized.
- 5add paprika, cumin, curry powder, and chili powder to mixture along with oil, and cook on low until mixed.
- 6add beef and break into fine chunks with wooden spoon.
- 7cook until beef is browned and softened.
- 8meanwhile mix together ketchup, pasta sauce, and water, and add into beef when cooked.
- 9add the remaining water, roasted red pepper, and tomato. season with salt and pepper and let reduce to desired thickness.
- 10serve atop the buns, and enjoy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple 's' Sloppy Joes
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.1
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.2 mg
- Sodium 894.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 24.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers