Recipe by youngchef411
the three s's stand for sweet, sloppy, and spicy. this recipe has many variations. you can serve it over rosemary potato wedges, mashed potatoes, with chips, in a dip, with pasta, or in a bun. instead of tomato puree i used traditional ragu pasta sauce because i was out of tomato puree. for best results use sesame sandwich buns
- 1 jalapenos, with ribs and seeds or 2 jalapenos, without ribs and seeds
- 1 1⁄2 small onions
- 3 1⁄2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 roasted red pepper
- 3⁄4 sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon spanish paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 lb ground beef (not lean)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups pasta sauce (recommended ( Ragu traditional sauce)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon beef stock
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- finely chop jalapenos, garlic, and dice sundried tomatoes, roasted red pepper and onion.
- heat oil to medium heat, then add onions, jalapeno(s) and garlic.
- once onions have sweat add tabasco, stocks, balsamic vinegar, and sugar.
- let onion mixture cook until caramelized.
- add paprika, cumin, curry powder, and chili powder to mixture along with oil, and cook on low until mixed.
- add beef and break into fine chunks with wooden spoon.
- cook until beef is browned and softened.
- meanwhile mix together ketchup, pasta sauce, and water, and add into beef when cooked.
- add the remaining water, roasted red pepper, and tomato. season with salt and pepper and let reduce to desired thickness.
- serve atop the buns, and enjoy.