Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Who doesn't enjoy eggnog around the holiday season? Here is your chance to try a wonderful pie...it's simple and reminds you of that classic holiday drink. I found it in a JELL-O, KRAFT, Bakers Chocolate Holiday Magazine.
- 10 caramels
- 1 cup cold milk, divided
- 1 (6 ounce) graham cracker pie crust
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup cold eggnog
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon or 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place caramels and 1 Tablespoon of the milk in a microwavable bowl and heat on Medium (50%) for 30 seconds or until caramels are completely melted when stirred. Pour into crust; sprinkle with pecans.
- Pour remaining milk and eggnog into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes and beat with wire whisk for about 2 minutes or until well blended. The mixture will be thick -- don't worry about that. Spoon 1-1/2 cups of the pudding over the pecans in crust.
- Add half of the whipped topping to remaining pudding; stir until well blended. Spread over pudding layer in crust; top with remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Sprinkle pie with ground nutmeg or cinnamon just before serving. Store in the fridge.
This was a pretty good pie, although I would've liked it to be a bit more eggnog-y. If I make it again, I may use all eggnog and no milk.
I had some leftover eggnog from baking, so I thought I would try out some new uses for it! I have to confess that I accidentally used chocolate pudding instead of vanilla pudding, so I added extra eggnog (about 1/2 cup) to ensure that the flavor would not disappear. It turned out to be a really delicious mistake! Thanks for a great recipe!