Unbelievable Apple Pie
I've been making this wonderful pie for years. It's so easy and tasty. Everyone wonders what's in it. This pie can bake while you eat dinner and then, voila...hot apple pie for dessert. Yum! UPDATE: I've been asked if instant pudding mix is OK--yes! When the recipe was published there was no instant; tried the instant in it--works fine! LOL
- Ready In:
- 3 -4 cups Granny Smith apples (1/4-inch slices)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package coconut cream pudding mix or (3 1/2 ounce) package French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, unbaked
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In mixing bowl, combine apples and pie/pudding (DRY) mix; toss to coat well.
- Place apple mixture in unbaked pie crust.
- In small bowl, mix all topping ingredients until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 to 40 minutes until topping is golden brown and pie is bubbly.
- (Try different pudding mixes and fruits--peaches are yum--for different flavors). I serve it with a scoop of butter pecan or rum raisin ice cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Used cook and serve Butterscotch for the Carmel flavor as many reviews wanted to try. My apples I sliced and froze in apple pie spices/sugar so they were already yummy but wanted to try adding the box of dry pudding mix to see what happened. Plus several reviews suggested adding cinnamon so I thought with all that sugar it has to be good! One friend who doesn't like pie even liked it. I will keep as a recipe to switch things up.