Prep 3 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Prep time includes chilling time.
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- For the brownies; using a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate and butter at HIGH heat for about 1-1/2 minutes, or until butter has melted, stirring twice.
- Add in vanilla, sugar and eggs; stir until blended.
- Stir in flour and then the chopped walnuts.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 20-23 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for about 1 hour.
- For the vanilla cream topping; in a bowl whisk together all ingredients until smooth, then spread over cooled brownies.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before spreading with the chocolate glaze.
- For the chocolate glaze; microwave the chocolate squares with butter on HIGH for about 1-1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring twice; spread evenly over the vanilla cream.
- Chill for 2 hours before slicing into squares.