1 hr 15 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
Three styles of ginger-powdered, fresh and candied-permeate these spicy cookies. The recipe come from Lou Seiberts Pappas Biscotti Cook Book. Makes 3 1/2 dozen Biscotti's
My Private Note
dozen b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place almonds in a shallow pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes,or until golden brown; let cool, chop nuts.
- 2In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy(I use my mixer); Beat in molasses and the eggs.
- 3In a nother bowl combine flour, ground ginger, baking powder, salt: ADD to creamed mixture, mixing until blended.
- 4Stir in fresh ginger and crystallized ginger; fold in nuts.
- 5Divide dough in half; place on ungreased baking sheet and form into two logs about 1/2 inch thick, 1 1/2 inch wide and 14 inched long.spacing them at least 2 inches apart.
- 6Bake in the middle of a preheated 325 degree oven for 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 7Transfer from baking sheet to a rack;let cool 5 minutes; place on a cutting board, with a sharp serratrd knife slice diagonally at a 45 degree angle about 1/2 inch thick.
- 8Lay the slices flat on the baking sheet and return to oven for 10 minutes, turning over once to dry slightly: let cool on rack and store in tightly covered container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Gingers Lovers' Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (719 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 843.2
- Calories from Fat 410
- Total Fat 45.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 190.5 mg
- Sodium 661.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 18.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: