Double Chocolate Walnut Biscotti
This is a chocloate lovers delight.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Butter and flour large baking sheet.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. In another bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until combined well. Stir in flour mixture to form a stiff dough. Stir in nuts and chips.
- On prepared baking sheet, with floured hands, form dough into two slightly flattened logs, each 12 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- Bake logs for 20 - 25 minutes or until slightly firm to the touch.
- Cool biscotti for 5 minutes.
- On a cutting board, cut biscotti diagonally into 3/4 inch slices.
- Place biscotti cut side down on baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Cool biscotti on a rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Delicious. I made into one large log and baked about 40 minutes as I was making another biscotti at the same time with that baking time. Turned out perfect. I used mini chocolate chips to make for easier slicing. I did not have any trouble with the chocolate melting during the 2nd baking period. I used a silpat. These turned out the same size as commercial biscotti.1Reply
see 2 more