Recipe by Manami
Oh so good -- fudgy and gooey! Drizzle them or not, they are awesome! Didn't allow for chilling time. Can't remember where I found these, perhaps it was online, sorry.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter or 3⁄4 cup unsalted margarine
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and chocolate squares in 2-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth(6-10 minutes).
- Cool 20 minutes.
- Combine melted chocolate mixture, sugar, 1 cup flour, cocoa, eggs, baking powder and salt in a large mixer bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Stir in remaining flour and 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips by hand.
- Cover; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Shape level teaspoonful of dough balls. Place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until edges are set and cookies begin to crack on top.
- Let stand 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets.
- Cool completely.
- Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips and canola oil in small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir until chips are melted. Drizzle mixture over cooled cookies. Let stand until chocolate is set(at least 30 minutes). Store in airtight conatiner up to 3 days.
- *TIP: For a fresh-baked flavor after storage, place cookie on paper towel; microwave on HIGH for 5 seconds.*.
- **Omit drizzle and sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar.**.