Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from an edition of Good Taste magazine.
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed firmly
- 200 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 120 g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Pre heat oven to 180°C.
- Melt dark chocolate and butter on medium heat.
- Set aside when smooth and cool for 5 minutes.
- Sift flour and cocoa into large bowl, stir in brown sugar.
- Make well in centre and stir in cooed choc mixture.
- Add eggs and choc chips and stir till combined.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- Place on trays and flatten with your fingers.
- Bake 15 - 18 minutes.
I made this cookie coupled with a flourless peanut butter cookie. I wrapped the chocolate cookies over the peanut butter cookies to make a perfect little reese's peanut butter cookies- the perfect combination!
These are so good! A chocolate lover's dream. You can't eat just one! I will make these again. Thanks for sharing.
These are really yummy morsels and my son Dominick loved them (he really wanted me to say that!). I didn't enjoy the texture much after I added the butter and rolled the first batch so I stuck the dough in the fridge while baking and that seemed to decrease the buttery goodness all over my hands as I was forming into balls which I much appreciated. These hardly spread at all on me and gave me many more than the 24 stated cookies.