1/1 Photo of " Trini" Burgers
This is our favorite of many wonderful burger recipes found in "Burger Meisters", a cookbook put together by Marcel Desaulniers. If you like this or prefer burgers with other types of meats (fish, rabbit, turkey...) you may want to check out the recipe book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup minced onion
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese, finely diced
- white pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 leaves bibb lettuce, washed and dried
- 8 thin slices ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 medium papaya, peeled, seeded, and sliced thin
- 1In a 5-quart stainless steel bowl, gently but thoroughly combine the ground beef with the Worcestershire sauce, thyme, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- 2Gently form the ground beef mixture into eight 4-ounce, 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- 3Use a metal spoon to make a small indentation in the center of 4 of the beef patties.
- 4Combine the onions and cheddar.
- 5Divide this mixture into 4 equal portions and place a portion in each indentation.
- 6Top with another patty and gently form into a burger, making sure to seal all open edges.
- 7Season the burgers with salt and white pepper.
- 8Cover the burgers with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- 9Grill the burgers over a medium wood or charcoal fire.
- 10Cook to the desired doneness: about 5-6 minutes on each side for rare, 6-7 minutes on each side for medium, and 9-10 minutes on each side for well-done.
- 11(This burger may also be cooked on a well-seasoned flat griddle or in a large nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. Cook for about the same amount of time as listed for grilling.) Remove the burgers from the grill.
- 12Toast the buns, cut side down, on the grill or griddle or in a nonstick saute pan until golden brown, about 1 minute.
- 13Spread 1/2 tablespoons.
- 14mayonnaise onto each burger bun half.
- 15Place 1 of the lettuce leaves on the bottom half of each bun, then top each with a burger, 2 of the tomato slices, 2 of the papaya slices, and the top half of the bun.
- 16Serve immediately accompanied by"Trini Tropical Fruit Salad".
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " Trini" Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (698 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 693.1
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 158.6 mg
- Sodium 686.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 54.3 g