ZWT7 South Africa. 89, 5 star reviews on http://allrecipes.com! How could you go wrong? In South Africa Trifles are typically enjoyed over the Christmas season but is also a great anytime treat. This one is delicious and elegant looking layered in a trifle bowl or in individual dessert glasses.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 white cake layers, baked and cooled (8 or 9 inches)
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered almond
- 12 maraschino cherries
- 1Slice strawberries and sprinkle them with sugar.
- 2Cut the bananas into slices and toss with orange juice.
- 3Combine pudding mix with milk and mix until smooth.
- 4Cut the cake into 1 inch cubes.
- 5Use half of the cake cubes to line the bottom of a large glass bowl.
- 6Layer half of the strawberries followed by half of the blueberries, and then half of the bananas.
- 7Spread half of the pudding over the fruit.
- 8Repeat layers in the same order.
- 9In a medium bowl, whip the cream to stiff peaks and spread over top of trifle.
- 10Garnish with maraschino cherries and slivered almonds.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.2
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 334.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 41.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g