Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this off a list I'm on. I modied the recipe to my taste.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (can add more if you like)
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomatoes with juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Blend tomatoes in blender.
- In a large pot, sauté onions in oil until translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté a couple minutes more.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer 2 hours.
- I prefer to use over whole wheat angel hair pasta noodles.