Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
These look awesome and tastes awesome too.
Make and share this Tri Cornered Cream Cheese Cookies With Jam Filling recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- jam, of your choice
- powdered sugar (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, butter and cheese. Beat till light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg; blend well. Add flour and salt. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours for easy handling.
- Heat oven to 375°F
- On lightly floured surface, roll out half of dough as a time to 1/8 inch thickness (Keep rest of the dough in the fridge for the mean time).
- Cut with 2 and a 1/2 inch round cookie cutter. Place one inch apart on UNGREASED cookie sheets.
- Spoon 1 tsp jam on center of each round.
- To shape into triangles, fold 3 sides without covering jam; pinch corners to seal.
- Bake at 375°F for 7 - 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool for 1 minute and remove from baking sheets. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
I have made these many times....I found the recipe in the Pillsbury Best Cookies Cookbook. Try using different jams for variety...these are EXCELLENT cookies.
Yhis is a very yummy cookie,I did exactly as your recipe called for. I used apricot and prune solo fillings,they were soooo good.I love the taste of cream cheese. Thank you for a great cookie.Rose of sharon
Thank you for these gorgeous little gems!!!! I don't know how much jam I used, because I used apple sauce, orange marmalade and cherry and strawberry jam. I put about 1/2 tspn of jam in the middle. Mine was very soft, and I thought I needed to add in more flour so I added some corn starch (which is said to give a slightly more tender result) and it worked BEAUTIFULLY. As did the reduced-fat margarine and creamed cottage cheese. Sorry, I was just trying to make wickedness as healthy as possible - but nothing suffered in the taste and if anything did, I can't imagine how wonderful they would taste! These will be definite keepers for special occasions. The result was tender but not overpoweringly rich, delicate and sweet. Thanks once again.