We have a virtual farmers market here in Western Pennsylvania where you can go on line and order all kinds of fresh fruits and vegetables and they deliver to my work place. I got a three packet of stop light sweet peppers and created this salad to take to a pot luck dinner. By the way stop light peppers are red, green and yellow
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring salted water to a boil.
- Removed seeds and ribs from the pepper.
- Cut peppers into stips about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place peppers in boiling water and blanch for 4 minutes.
- Drain peppers from water and place into an ice water bath to chill quickly and stop the cooking process.
- Prepare dressing:.
- In a processor blend mustard, seasonings and sugar.
- Start blending on slow speed.
- Stream in oil about 1/4 cup at a time alternating with the vinegar until all is used.
- Adjust seasonings if more salt or pper is needed to suit your taste.
- Set aside.
- Layer peppers on a platter alternating the colors.
- Pour dressing over peppers.
- Top with fresh herbs.