1/3 Photos of Tri Colored Pepper Salad W/ Vinaigrette Dressing
School Chef's Note:
We have a virtual farmers market here in Western Pennsylvania where you can go on line and order all kinds of fresh fruits and vegetables and they deliver to my work place. I got a three packet of stop light sweet peppers and created this salad to take to a pot luck dinner. By the way stop light peppers are red, green and yellow
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Bring salted water to a boil.
- 2Removed seeds and ribs from the pepper.
- 3Cut peppers into stips about 1/2 inch thick.
- 4Place peppers in boiling water and blanch for 4 minutes.
- 5Drain peppers from water and place into an ice water bath to chill quickly and stop the cooking process.
- 6Prepare dressing:.
- 7In a processor blend mustard, seasonings and sugar.
- 8Start blending on slow speed.
- 9Stream in oil about 1/4 cup at a time alternating with the vinegar until all is used.
- 10Adjust seasonings if more salt or pper is needed to suit your taste.
- 11Set aside.
- 12Layer peppers on a platter alternating the colors.
- 13Pour dressing over peppers.
- 14Top with fresh herbs.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tri Colored Pepper Salad W/ Vinaigrette Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.2
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2088.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g